According to the results of a survey conducted by LifeLock, 3 out of 4 teens share too much information, making them more vulnerable to cybercrime. What are teens are sharing online that they shouldn’t?
- 63 percent share the name of the school they attend.
- 29 percent said they display their full date of birth, including the year.
- 33 percent said they display part of their birth date, such as the month and year.
- 23 percent reveal part of their home address.
- 6 percent show their full home address.
What can parents do?
- Start by having a conversation that includes explaining identity theft and other online crimes
- Be sure to also discuss the risks and smart ways to be safe while still being active on social media.